Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Child's Play

Once you saw it, you couldn't look at anything else. Just like a child, you were stuck on it. You had to have it. I tried so hard to convince you otherwise, but you wouldn't listen. I knew it wasn't the best thing for you; I knew it wasn't what you wanted but you were adamant that you did. Just like a child, you cried and whined and refused to eat anything until you have it in your hands.


Just like a child, you got to have your way.

Once you had it, you loved it. You carried it around everywhere with you. You kissed it; you slept with it in your arms; you played with it endlessly. Adorably, like a child.

Just like a child, you got tired of it. You had played with it enough. You had explored its every aspect, and it wasn't exciting for you anymore.

Just like a child, you threw away, what used to be my heart.

No comments: